Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Christmas is almost here and I wish everyone who reads this blog and in the BC Birding Community a very happy and healthy Christmas. I wish those celebrating Hanukkah and other Holidays, my best wishes of the season. I wish everyone many rare birds in 2018 and lots of love, good health, joy and peace.




I chose to share this photo of a Common Loon because it was a very happy memory from a trip with my friend Roy Priest. It was taken in the middle of the lake at Lac Le Jeune. The day was rainy and we thought it would be awful for photography since we wanted sun and were a bit disappointed. It turned out to be quite the opposite! It was wonderful and the rain added a moody effect  in the company of a family of Loons. It was so peaceful listening to their wailing cries, watching the chicks ride on the parents' backs and having an adult Northern Goshawk fly low over us. We also found a female Loon on the nest. It was a magic day and one that makes me really happy just thinking about it.

So I wish you again many rare birds but most of all I wish you a day just like this one, full of happy memories during the Christmas and Holiday Season and for many more in the New Year.

Cheers,
Melissa

Comments

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th