Listen to my interview on the American Birding Podcast!

I was honoured to be on the American Birding Association's "American Birding Podcast," for the second time today, discussing my book "Dare to Bird" with host Nate Swick.

You can listen to the interview in full HERE or below:

By the way you can read all about the checklist changes put out today by the ABA. Some birders may be sad to know they have lost the Hoary Redpoll which has been lumped with Common Redpoll and the new species is simply called Redpoll. Read all the changes HERE

Comments

  1. Mel congratulations on the ABA podcast interview. You did so well and you seem a natural on the radio with a lovely speaking voice. I bought your book yesterday at Indigo on Broadway and I was blown away. The pictures are stunning and the paper quality chosen so thick and glossy and most importantly thank you for sharing your words. You were vulnerable and will help many people with this book. I love how you talk about so many issues including grief. I lost my only daughter to suicide so I know the pain you have gone through and can relate to so much of what you said. I also loved how you spoke about the joys of birding and how protecting birds is so needed in today's day and age. Thank you Melissa, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness and I am so sorry you lost your daughter to suicide. Thank you for sharing and sending you healing comfort thanks for supporting my work.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

My First Mother's Day Without My Mother