HERMIT WARBLERS are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Stech and I went down to Rainbow Falls State Park in Chehalis, WA. It is one of the few places near to Vancouver where you can still find pure Hermit Warblers.

As soon as we pulled up in the parking lot I heard him singing. There was another malee singing as well but this guy by the parking lot was so accommodating. This male showed no signs of hybridization. I even sent it to a researcher studying them and their hybrids who concurred.

I usually don't have great luck in photographing Warblers but this beautiful guy was kind to me.

Pure Male Hermit Warbler in Chehalis, WA - Photos: Melissa Hafting

Comments

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th