A SNEAK PEEK AT THE FIRST COPY OF MY PRINTED BOOK "DARE TO BIRD" FOR BC BOOK DAY!

Today is the 10th anniversary of BC Book Day! My book "Dare to Bird - Exploring the Joy and Healing Power of Birdswas featured at the Legislative Assembly of BC in Victoria today and photos were shared with me! My own personal first copy of my book is on its way to me and I can’t wait to see it! So far the cover looks good in these photos.

The first printed copy of my book on display for BC Book Day at the BC Parliament in Victoria 

My book on display at the Legislative Assembly of BC

Below is a short video where you can see my book at the display:

I wish my father had lived to see this day. He knew about my book and was so excited for me; my mother never did (hopefully she knows now and can see from above). So seeing my book in print is bittersweet indeed. I am sure I will cry when I actually see the book in the store for the first time and the first time I hold it in my hands.

No one believed in me more than my dad or supported my birding more, so although this is a joyous day, it is also filled with sadness. While walking this evening watching some swallows fly over a marsh, I really thought about how much I still needed my parents, right now, even in my 30's and today the urge to talk to them was so strong. I miss them so much. It feels so unfair they are gone. I know my dad would have been so proud of me today… he has been gone just over a year now.

Grieving people can carry immense joy and sadness at the same time and I definitely am today.

The book is currently available for preorder on Amazon, Indigo, Barnes and Nobles and local Bookstores but it doesn’t come out in stores until June 18, 2024.

Comments

  1. What a day of deep feelings for you for so many reasons. Your book looks beautiful. Ive pre-ordered my copy and can’t wait to see it in June. It will hold such meaning for readers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness! really hope you love the book!

      Delete
  2. Mel, the cover looks superb! You are a beautiful photographer and person. cannot wait to read your book! I ordered mine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th