WHITE WAGTAIL IN BC

I went one day with the masses of crowds to see the White-wagtail who was found by Mark Wynja in a corn field with 70 American Pipits at the corner of 34 St and 33a St in Delta. When I went it was raining and the bird blended into the mud. Yousif Attia who had a scope let me look through his scope and I had great views of the bird! Here is a distant record shot I was able to get. This was a lifer for me.  This bird breeds in much of Europe and Asia and parts of North Africa. It is found in North America during the summer in Alaska.

You can read more about the sighting HERE

"Where's Waldo?" - White Wagtail in Ladner - Photo: Melissa Hafting


Comments

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th