Lesser Goldfinch twitch

I went to Abbotsford to twitch the male Lesser Goldfinch at the Brookside Inn. This is the second year a Lesser Goldfinch has returned to that feeder. Last year they had a female though. When I arrived I spotted it right away in a large flock of American Goldfinches at the feeder by the parking lot. Young birder Katya Kondratyuk pulled up shortly after and I helped her get on the bird and she was thrilled.

Male Lesser Goldfinch in Abbotsford, BC - Photo: Melissa Hafting

You can read more about this sighting at my other blog the BC RBA HERE

Comments

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th