My first Loggerhead Shrike in BC!

I just came back from birding with young birder Isaac in Kamloops when I got the text that a Loggerhead Shrike had been found at Hope Airport. This bird was present until saturday and I saw it on the wednesday. I went straight from Merritt and was there as fast as I could. This was a BC bird for me.hile I was there he was eating mice and beetles! These birds impale their prey and are severely declining in North America. I always find it odd that these birds don't occur in BC since they occur in nearby WA regularly.

Loggerhead Shrike in Hope, BC - Photo: Melissa Hafting


Comments

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th