Check out this painting done of me by Casey Girard

A talented artist from California named Casey Girard asked me if they could paint a portrait of me. I was honoured!. Casey drew me with my favourite bird the dark-morph Rough-legged Hawk. 

This was done as part of Casey's series in celebration of Black Birders who have made a difference in their communities so I was truly honoured to be part of it. You can check out some of the other Black Birders that Casey has painted HERE at Casey's instagram account.

Portrait of Melissa Hafting with dark morph Rough-legged Hawk - by Casey Girard

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Dowitcher Identification

Hawk Identification Tips from every angle (Sharpie vs Cooper and Red-tailed Subspecies)

STINT IDENTIFICATION

*Updated - The most famous Red-tailed Hawk is eating fish on the ground just like a Bald Eagle!

*UPDATED* The First Ever Black Birders Week May 31-June 5th